The scalable wRIS software is ideal for both single and multiple facility enterprises and allows for the practice to grow and develop with new facilities, modalities, and physicians. Opal-wRIS features full dictation and transcription module with automatic report distribution and seamlessly integrates with Opal-RAD PACS. A complete women’s health module is also included with a robust package of functionalities created to ensure practice compliance with the American College of Radiology (ACR) Bi-RAD standards.
From the moment a patient checks in, the wRIS is able to increase the speed of the check in process with a multiple verification system that validates insurance information immediately and automatically.
Intelligent Patient Scheduling
- Automatic electronic verification of insurance eligibility upon patient check in – Form 270
- Automatic electronic insurance pre-authorization for exams to be scheduled – with immediate response
Opal-wRIS makes scheduling easy, input appointments by patient, calendar, or resource (modality, physician, procedure) and view first available time slot.
Referring Physician Portal
- With Secure Scheduling the RIS software will not notify if a resource is double booked or not allow a patient to double book on multiple resources at the same time.
- Intuitive Patient Registration notifies and suggests a merge when registering duplicate patient fields
- Easily reschedule patients without re-entering exam and CPT information
- With a dedicated schedule for walk-ins, patients without appointments can be added to the facilities records with no complications.
Give referring physicians secure, remote, Web access to schedule patients at your facility.
- Referring physicians can also have the ability to view images, reports, and scanned documents depending on facility permissions
- Access to patient information for referring physicians can results in quicker report turnaround time
Avoid insurance denying a payment with Procedure-Diagnosis Validation. Opal-wRIS compares ICD 9 and CPT codes to ensure the exam generated is appropriate for the presented ailment to avoid insurance rejection.
- The wRIS system produces a statistical analysis to determine the likelihood of receiving insurance payment for procedure based on the patients’ initial presentation
- Opal-WEB RIS is preloaded with CPT codes saving time coding and in turn results in improved efficiency.
Opal-wRIS features a full-fledged women’s health module for mammography imaging. The mammography component meets all MQSA standards put forth by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Follow-up and outcome tracking – Opal-Web RIS is designed to meet legal requirements and mitigate potential risks for medical practices while offering the highest patient care available
- Patient Data Collection – The RIS offers digital access for patients to complete a series of questions to complete a personal information survey as it pertains to mammography
- Technologist and Radiologist Data Collection – Technologists and Radiologists have access to digitally complete a detailed findings survey for each exam completed
- Outcome Tracking by Technologist and Radiologist – This feature allows for close mammography diagnosis evaluations of facility staff, and calculates false positives, false negatives, true positives, and true negatives for facility and personnel audits
- Tracking Incompletes – Track incomplete patient information both in the mammography module and by patient. This allows the practice to have access to an open-items list where correspondence to patients is documented. Patients who do not have mammography exams completed or do not respond to communications will be on the incomplete list.